Museums in Jokioinen
The Narrow Gauge Museum (Kapearaidemuseo)
The Narrow Gauge Museum is situated in the Minkiö station. You can find out about the history of railways, look around the carriages, and see the steam engines which are also running on summer Sundays.
The Narrow Gauge Museum and the rail handcar rental at Minkiön station will be open starting
from 14.5.2018 Mo-Fr at 11.00-18.00 and in
July and August 3.7.-17.8. Tu-Sa at 11.00-18.00
Scheduled steam trains on Sundays 3.6.-29.7. and on Saturdays 28.7.-25.8., 8.9. and 1.12.
Address: Minkiön asema, Kiipuntie 49
Email: info [at] jokioistenmuseorautatie.fi
Phone: +358 3 433 3235
Charter trains and groups
Phone: +358 40 552 5322
Entrance fees of the Narrow Gauge Museum
Guided tours for groups: adults € 4.00, children 6 to 16 € 2.00. Children under 6 free of charge. The museum is open daily from 1 June until 9 August between 11.00 and 18.00. There is a free entrance to individual visitors of the museum!
The Nail Museum (Naulamuseo)
The nail factory was established in Jokioinen in 1804. The factory manufactured nails, barbed wire, steel cable and sheet metal. The manufacture of nails continues to this day.
The Parsonage Museum (Pappilamuseo)
The provincial governor E. G. von Willebrand built the parsonage out of clay and straw in 1800, but it had to be covered immediately with bricks because the materials could not survive the Finnish weather. The museum preserves evidence of the ways of life in a country vicarage in the mid-1800s. The collections also include mementos of Miina Sillanpää’s life and pharmacy equipment from the 1800s.
Open during the summer (June to August) on Saturdays and Sundays from 1 pm to 6 pm
Address: Vaulammintie 2, Jokioinen
Information: Stiina-Liisa Pirkkamaa, tel. +358 50-592 5863
Voluntary entry fee